RIMTA and Confident Captain team up to offer Launchtender Course
The Rhode Island Marine Trades Association and Confident Captain have partnered to help local unemployed or underemployed job seekers obtain a USCG approved Limited Launch-Tender licenses and assist with job placement in the State of Rhode Island. 100% of this program would be covered directly or reimbursed by grant funding.*
This 40-hour course, held over 3 consecutive weekends, is designed for those working wishing to seek employment at yacht clubs, marinas, camps or other situations where he or she would be operating a launch. The course covers safe boat handling, regulations, marlinspike seamanship, navigation rules, and aids to navigation. Candidates must have reached their 17th birthday prior to taking the course and be able to document 120 days of sea time.
At the end of the process, candidates will be issued: “Limited Master of Self-Propelled Vessels engaged in Launch Tender Service upon the waters of Sector Southeast New England, not more than 1/2NM from shore.”
NOTE: After acceptance, if the applicant fails to comply with any of the prerequisites above or otherwise explained thereafter, he or she will be held responsible for course payment in full.
*This program is pending final funding from the Rhode Island Marine Trades Association.
- 17 years of age
- 120 Days of documented sea time
- 8-hour safe-boating course with RIDEM proctored exam
- 16-hour USCG Limited Master (Launchtender) approved course
- 8-hour USCG/STCW approved First-aid/CPR course
- FCC Marine Radiotelephone Operator’s exam and application
- License application and submission consultation
- 1 Drug Test at a facility of our choice
- 1 USCG Required Physical at a facility of our choice
- 1 TWIC card application fee
- 1 USCG licensing application evaluation and issuance fee
- Recruitment services with local yacht clubs, marinas, and services centers
Participants must attend all days:
April 14 – 15
April 21 – 22